Tuesday, May 25, 2021

 

Day 7, Somreeta
'Aukaaat anusaar!'
I have been talking about the wish list too many times, these past few days. I have also been thinking about it these past few days . I had so much of time all these years, to tackle the wish list and many of them should not have been languishing there still.
Well.. it is what it is.
Today's post is about another item from the.. yes.. the wish list!
I had wanted to have a bit of greenery in our balcony... A few hanging pots, with plants. A small breakfast table amidst the greenery...A few corners, a few table tops in the house, with little green plants... .
But then I hadn't forgotten the debacle of decades ago, where the many plants I had brought home, hadn't survived.
And then to add to that four of the 6 plants we had got home, badi himmat kar ke.... did not survive..
So the wish went back to the wish list.
The son was working from home last summer, and he needed a proper desk and chair. He was looking for them, online.
I joined him in looking up the website.
He made his selections, and then I made mine.
I had convinced myself, that I did not have the proverbial green thumb or any green finger. You don't have it, you dont have it. Then what does one do? One operates within the limited boundaries and hence 'aukaat anusaar', I bought a few artificial plants, some artificial plants with flowers on them , to satisfy that desire and aspiration.
A compromise? Yes..definitely. But kya karein,..limited as I was with my own lack of skill, talent and expertise in gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment