Tuesday, July 21, 2020

on meeting some old friends

March 10,  2018

I had held on to the stories they didn't even remember.  Over the years I might have been guilty of embellishing them a wee bit.

Decades later, it was fun to recount some of them when we met. But then those were the only tales I had.

Once the old friendship was rekindled, it needed new fuel to keep the flame aglow. The little kindle that I had tied in a bundle and held close to my heart.. it wasn't enough anymore..

These were unknown people now.

My bundle of memories was only enough to lay claim to their affection. that foundation was solid.

But for the relationship to thrive it need what.. I do not know. what do I have to offer - I do not know. whether i want to - i do not know..

What I can is wallow in the memories.. which are my own which play out just the way i want them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment